Saturday, November 5, 2011

I can't tell if I'm having a bad day

  I was sitting at my desk pouting because i got really sick and I missed all the Dia De Los Muertos festivals, also a week of serving shifts.  It occurred to me that I could make a super cool little skeleton with a turquoise skull head.  Just as I pulled out the wire and began to get excited, the phone rang, my boyfriend was on his way to pay a bill when he ran out of gas(the gauge is busted), so I hurried off to fill the gas can and rescue him.  On my way home, car sick from huffing gas fumes and sick from well, being sick,  I pass a guy in an old 61straightbed apache, stuck in the intersection.  I flipped a u and parked and ran out in the road, "you need help pushing her,"  It wasn't a question, usually men will say no they got it if you are a girl, so I just kind of dove in.  I'm all sick and feeling shitty and heaving this rusty beast.  He seamed tripped out, maybe because he just got rescued by a girl and people were honking and yelling, some guy even flipped us off and screamed get that shit outa the road.  I patted the beast, as if to say I know old girl, don't listen to him "is she a 60, or a 61?"  "60 he said, I love your 57, what motor does she have?"  "The 283"  "Cool, you know your shit," he said.  "A little," I say.  "thank you man, sorry you got all dirty."  "It's ok I just got gas all over me a minute ago helping my boyfriend, he has a stepside.  We have to keep the beaters on the road right"  "Yes we do," he says, he gets his girl going and we head our separate ways.  Yes we do need to keep the classic rusty beaters alive, sometimes they need a push.  I hope I get re inspired to make my skeleton, I feel shitty, on the upside I just got a heater, so I'm not cold anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment